Thursday, September 29, 2011

Time for another one...?



I get asked this ALLLLLL the time.

Other person: "Oh he's getting so big! How old is he now?"

Me: I know! He's 19 months.

Other person: "Aw, about time for another one then, huh?"



Me: Umm.. no


Seriously is 18 months like the magical number? Oh, your kid is 18 months old, time to get busy on the next one! I am amazed at how often I have this conversation. It seems to happen one a weekly basis. Don't get me wrong, emotionally, I'm definitely ready for number 2, BUT what about everything else??

I suppose I could understand people asking this question to a married couple who are both done with college, have good steady jobs, stable income, etc. Being 20 years old, a full time college student and mother to a 19 month old keeps me plenty busy without adding an I-need-attention-24-hours-a-day infant to the mix. It just seems so odd to me how that is the first question anyone asks me.. "when are you having another one?" Not for a while folks, not for a while.

And while my BRAIN knows this to be true and the right thing to do, my heart on the other hand is aching for another. Absolutely aching, I have baby fever like crrrrazzzyy. So, world, please stop asking me if it's "time for another one" because I might just cry if you ask one more time!





...Seriously.. look at that yummyness. How could I not want a second dose?

No comments:

Post a Comment