Today when we got back to town, I just decided that I was going to work out. I was going to put Brayden to bed, put my running clothes on, put my tennis shoes on, and I was going to run. If I ran for 5 minutes and wanted to quit, then fine, but I was going to get on the dang treadmill. Of course once I START running, I have no problem going for 20-30 minutes at least, but allowing myself to have the thought "I can quit after 5 minutes if I want" makes it seem easier. Try it!
I did Week 1 Workout 1 of The Couch-to-5k Program. It consisted of a 5 minute warm up, followed by alternating 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes, then a 5 minute cool down. Some people think watching the clock while your running makes it drag, but having to watch the timer to know when to switch intervals actually made it go by much faster for me.
What is it 30 days to make a habit? Something like that, anyone know? Whatever it is; day 1- check!
No comments:
Post a Comment