Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Get FIT Challenge

I've been having some trouble figuring out what exactly to post here, so I've been searching the blogs I read for some "blog projects" and this is the first one I came across. I was actually SUPER excited because I think it may be just what (I didn't know) I was looking for.



Height: 5'5" or 5'6", not exactly sure.

Weight: 155.6 as of this morning.

Diet: For starters, I drink WAY too much pop. Like usually at least a can or a bottle of diet pepsi every day. So to start off I'm cutting myself back to 80 oz per week (which is 4 bottles). Writing that makes it still sound like so much but it will be a challenge, and I'll slowly cut back to hopefully only one or two cans a week, maybe even eventually cut soda out completely! Secondly, drink more water. TONS more water. My goal is 100 oz per day, five 20 ounce water bottles. Honestly it shouldn't be that hard, it's remembering to do it that gets me every time. Third, portion sizing. I am going to work hard at eating only ONE portion at each meal. I want to eat 5 or 6 small meals per day, which is supposed to keep your metabolism high. Each meal should be 300-450 calories for a total of about 1600-1800 calories per day. Lastly, cutting back on sweets. This goes with the calorie/portion control but I wanted to make a point to myself to set that as a goal. I'm not cutting sweets out completely because that would be absolute torture and I think I'd go insane and eat 8349058 twinkies in about two weeks but just not eating sweets in excess.

Treats & Rewards: For a successful completion of all goals during the week, I get $20 to put in the "new clothes" fund for when I reach my goal weight.

Goals this week: Follow work out plan (shown below) and diet plan.

Discipline: Guilt is my discipline. Guilt eats away at me when I don't do what I set my mind to!

What I learned about last week:

Healthy Thoughts: "You want to be FIT! So just do it!"

My Story: I played soccer from the time I was 5 all the way through 9th grade. I was always in pretty good shape from that. I stayed "skinny" after that, actually I lost weight, but I wasn't "fit". June after my senior year, my fiance and I found out I was pregnant. I didn't really watch what I ate, I craved desserts and gained over 50 pounds. My son was born February of 2010. In September I started a fitness class at the college and lost some weight and then joined a gym in November and have continued losing weight but am still not at my pre-pregnancy weight (142 pounds). I will be so happy when I am back to that weight, and even happier when I hit my goal weight of 135-138 pounds. What makes me even more excited is that I'm doing it the right way. The healthy way. And not only will I lose all my preggo-flab, I'll be fit and toned. :)




The bubbles on each day are for each bottle of water I need to drink each day and I can check them off as I go. The four circles at the bottom left are for each bottle (20 oz) of soda I am allowing myself each week.

If you want to join the get FIT challenge, click the button link at the top of the post or visit {shutter}mama

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I am so proud of your accomplishments so far! You're doing a super job! And yes, I am a tad jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete