Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Brayden's 1st Real Big Owwie :(

When I first woke up this morning, at about 5:30 am, the wind was HOWLING. The power was flickering on and off, my clock read 12:05, that is until it turned off completely. The wind was so loud that I actually considered just getting up instead of trying to go back to sleep. Then, all of the sudden, I hear Brayden crying, look at my phone, and its 10:20! Well that's great, except the fact that I'm supposed to be meeting friends for lunch at 11. Yikes.

I change Brayden, get him dressed, decide to bypass the shower until this afternoon and begin to attempt to make myself look presentable. I'm putting some make-up on and fixing my hair. Brayden is playing at my feet. I was in such a rush to get ready that I wasn't paying much attention to what he was doing, I thought he was playing with a lotion bottle - - until I heard him cry. I looked down and the first thing I see is blood on his right cheek, then his pouty lip, and finally his right pointer finger pouring blood. PANIC! What the heck just happened?! I honestly don't even remember exactly what went through my mind. The first thing I realized was that his face was NOT bleeding (Thank God) and the blood on his cheek was from him wiping his face with his bleeding finger.

THE CULPRIT:


THE INJURY:




His finger was bleeding so much so fast that no matter what I tried, I could not wipe the blood off long enough to see how deep the cut was. I ripped off an enormous wad of toilet paper and wrapped it around his finger and squeezed. Within a few minutes, the toilet paper was soaked. I tried again, probably about 4 different times. Finally I really didn't know what to do, it had been about 20 minutes and his finger was still gushing blood. My mom ended up coming over and we took him to Urgent Care where we waited patiently for TWO hours. Yes, TWO HOURS. By the time we got called back, his finger was not really bleeding anymore. The nurse glued down the skin, and wrapped his finger in gauze tape and sent us on our way. Whew! First medical "emergency" -- Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment